RSVP through Eventbrite
This panel discussion covers the different roles that Designers might face when going from a large company to small, or vice-versa. What skills are different in the varied environments? How does Design get accepted into the organization, by necessity or force? What's the on-boarding / hiring process when it is only you, or when you have the resources to do so much more?
Panelists will include, listed in alphabetical order:
- Carrie Burgener, Carrie Burgener (@cburg), Product Design Lead for Music Makers, designs Pandora AMP, which leverages listener data to help artists better connect with their audiences. Carrie has many years of experience designing products in the industry, including formerly at Intuit and Yahoo!.
- Sara Ortloff Khoury, currently Head of Product & User Experience Design at bebop.co. Sara is formerly of @WalmartLabs and a SVP at Bank of America. You can watch her talk, Beyond Usability.
- Suejin Kim, has worked in a diverse range of different environments, such as Amazon, Microsoft and most recently - as a UX Manager at GoPro.
- Ian Swinson, has worked in two small(er) startups since his 10 years acting as Senior UX Director at Salesforce. You can see Ian's recent talk from MX2015, How Did I Get Here?, on designing your career.
- Matt Zuckman, went from agency-life to a career at Yahoo, before returning to the startup world by leading the UX team over at Udemy.
If you have any questions you'd like to see these panelists cover, please tweet them ahead of time at @ixdasf, and we'll hope to include them in our discussion guide.
- Door & Drinks : 6pm
- Panel Discussion : 7pm-8:15pm
- Networking : 8:15pm-9:00pm