Ever heard of Autodesk? Don't worry if you haven't. If you've walked into a modern building, used just about any kind of product, or seen a movie with the latest in visual effects, then you have an idea of what our customers can accomplish with our software. But there's a catch - our customers are getting more and more mobile. Design and design analysis are happening on building sites, on shop floors and in client offices. That's where you come in. We need a smart, creative, web-savvy UX designer to help us stay one step ahead of our customers' mobile/SaaS needs. Work with us to give our customers the tools they need to analyse and debug their designs: any time, any place.
A world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk delivers the broadest product portfolio to empower customers to digitally design, visualize, and simulate their ideas.
Job Title: User Interaction Designer - Req #10000001IT
Location: San Francisco, CA
Interested? Here's what you'll be doing:
User Research - Learn about our customers. Work with Product Management to boil your findings down into actionable conclusions.
Concept Generation and Testing - Get creative! Produce some solutions, vet them with Product Management, with Software Development, and (most importantly) with our customers.
Specifications - Give us the detail, using the right balance of words, pictures and diagrams.
Prototyping - It's always better to show than to tell. Help us make your ideas a reality by bringing them to life for us.
Usability Testing - Get some users together and let them help you debug your own designs.
Customer Contact - It's all about the relationships. Stay in touch with our customers on bulletin boards, at conferences, in Customer Councils, and user groups.
Competitive Research - Learn about our competitors' solutions, so you can help us stay ahead.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Psychology or a related discipline.
- Experience designing complex web, SaaS, mobile or collaborative solutions preferred; experience designing complex desktop applications will be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of web technologies: cloud computing, SaaS, mobile platforms, etc.
- Deep skill with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks or similar applications.
- Demonstrated ability to create interactive prototypes in a variety of applications and media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong, but adaptable, problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently, and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines.
Good to Have:
- Experience with Autodesk products, e.g. Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD or Inventor.
- Experience with 3D modelling software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, or SketchUp.