Senior Art Director & Art Director- Apply here!
Critical Mass is looking for a Senior Art Director to join our ongoing pursuit of excellence in Customer Experience Management. A sound creative thinker with a proven track record in leading major marketing initiatives, the Senior Art Director will be a key team member who develops solid client relations, plans leading edge online strategies, clearly communicates and justifies concepts, directs the collaborative efforts of a large group of creative professionals, fosters an environment of professional growth and inspires others to exceed expectations. A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process is essential to performing this challenging role. Working in a multi-brand business unit, the Senior Art Director will also be an efficient time manager capable of juggling a variety of client deadlines.
- Contribute creative solutions and innovations that strengthen the Critical Mass brand and market leadership position.
- Develop & deliver innovative proposals to capture both account growth and new business opportunities.
- Creating and directing the design direction of projects, managing creative projects teams, estimating and managing project timelines with the Creative Director and Project Manager and ensuring that projects are delivered to the utmost level of quality.
- Promote continual improvement and a culture of excellence and accountability through driving:
- Creative discipline excellence
- Operational excellence
- Industry vertical expertise
- Lead and partner with designers, production artists, writers, content analysts, planners and Information Architects
- Perform strategic account planning with senior management in vertical marketing groups.
- Conceive and create experience design solutions that fulfill strategic business objectives.
- Effectively communicate creative ideas and strategies to all project steak holders.
- Lead, build and direct multi disciplinary creative team comprised of: art directors, designers, information architects, content analysts, copywriters and audio directors
- Provide regular team leadership and constructive feedback on all accounts in the business unit
- Develop, monitor and modify the business unit creative department staffing strategies and plans, including:
- Team composition
- Team performance, skills, training and mentoring
- Develop, implement and monitor quality standards across all creative department artifacts and deliverables.
- Continually improve Creative Department methods, problem solving models and best practices.
- Proactively manage the success of production scope, schedules and budgets.
- Engage & inform practice leads from Media & Marketing, Technology, Research and Analytics, Usability, and Quality Assurance departments to maximize results and ensure client and user satisfaction.
- Support and lead human resource initiatives with a focus on performance management.
- Understand, embrace, and communicate corporate mission and values.
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Strong design portfolio with 4+ years visual communication education, 4+ years design/marketing/communications interactive work experience, 2+ years art direction experience
- Solid understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and commercial reality.
- Experience developing Internet commerce, electronic marketing and online brand management and integration, with demonstrated results.
- Experience leading strategic brainstorming sessions, campaign development, creative brief development and directing creative execution.
- Leadership experience in user-centered design, including user profiling and usability methodologies.
- Proven success rationalizing concepts and effectively selling to clients.
- Ability to think creatively against demanding deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and related mediums.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective and creative problem-solving skills.
- Dedication to building the client’s business through positive ROI.
- Experience with financial management along with P&L accountabilities.
- Natural leadership skills with experience guiding large development teams (5+).
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management.
- Leadership abilities that foster learning and excellence among team members.
- Experience planning and implementing employee professional development.
CRITICAL MASS CAN PROVIDE RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.