The Armada Group
Santa Clara, CA
Full-time, salaried (full benefits) with Armada
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to work with a User Experience Team to design next-generation, web, mobile and rich client applications and shape the future of online collaboration for millions of current and new users. The ideal candidate will have some exposure to interaction design, information UI architecture, usability expertise, with a paramount focus user experience. The ideal candidate will have past experience working on interaction design and enhancing the usability of enterprise level consumer facing web applications.
* Work as a part of a team on user interaction design from concept to implementation in coordination with other interaction designers, researchers, visual designers, engineers and product managers
* Work with product management, user experience and engineering teams to translate business problems, and requirements into compelling, innovative design solutions that demonstrate the power and value of rich client and web based internet experiences.
* Apply web 2.0 and social networking paradigms to software solutions
* Create innovative, highly usable interaction flows for a variety of applications.
* Lay the foundation for robust design documentation.
* Continually innovate, using the current suite of industry-leading tools.
* Promote a constructive environment for idea exploration and creativity.
* Work with a global design team across continents and time zones.
* Self-manage own tasks, and schedules.
* 3+ years working as a professional user interaction designer with a solid portfolio
* Experience in Visio, Omnigraffle and Fireworks
* Strong understanding and experience with usability principles
* Clear understanding of social networking paradigms, web 2.0 best practices, web applications and a rich interaction experience highly preferred but not required
* Portfolio work must show focus on usability and illustrate end-to-end thinking from concept over wireframes and storyboards to a finished product
* Proven ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
* Excellent communication skills & collaborative skills across cultures.
This role requires an on-site interview in Santa Clara, but after initial ramp up of 2-3 days a week on-site, it can become up to 80% telecommute.
If you aren't interested in the role, but know someone who is, we offer $500 for successfully placed referrals!
Please email me at emily.quinn(at)thearmadagroup.com for details!
Replies are closed for this discussion.