San Francisco, CA or remote
Job Description: http://tangible-ux.com/wp-content/uploads/Tangible-Interaction-Desi...
Are you a freelance / consultant Interaction Designer?
Tangible UX wants to work with you!
Tangible UX is a full-service User Experience consulting firm for Fortune 500 and start-up companies. Our clients span a wide range of industries, including communications, education, finance, media, entertainment, and high tech. We specialize in helping clients create intuitive, branded user experiences for sophisticated applications and corporate websites delivered across desktop, handheld, mobile, and stand- alone devices.
We are looking for talented interaction designers for a project with an immediate start date. This lean-UX style project is built with structured one-week sprints with rapid prototyping, usability interviews, and wireframes.
We’d like to hear from you if:
- You are skilled at designing interactions for consumer oriented software across multiple delivery methods (web, client software, mobile, tablet).
- You are expert at applying user experience design skills and principles to designs.
- You are comfortable defining, creating and iterating designs, and producing wireframes and detailed, written specifications or detailed prototypes for product teams.
- You are well-versed in working with engineering and project managers to understand technical & business issues.
- You are an expert at presenting deliverables and design solutions to management and development teams.
- You are a self-starter and don't require a lot of supervision.
- You have at least 5 years experience (and experience following Lean UX principles is a plus).
- You have a consistently positive attitude, and enjoy working as part of a virtual team (emphasis on team).
If this sounds like you and you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following items:
- A resume that includes your digital media skillsets (use/knowledge of software like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other sketching/prototyping tools)
- A portfolio of work (link to website or PDF) and explanation of your role on the project
- 3 references (we will not contact them unless you’ve given us permission to do so)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Tangible staffers are employed as part-time hourly employees, and bill work hourly. There is no guarantee of hours worked on any projects – designers typically work between 15-35 hrs per week. Work schedules can be flexible so long as all client deliverables are met and (virtual) meetings can be attended at the client’s request.
- Telecommuting is assumed, but a desk is available at our San Francisco office.
- Most of our clients are located in the Bay Area, California and attending local meetings is sometimes necessary – please let us know your availability for travel.