We're developing an innovative new SaaS enterprise application, details of which are still under wraps. A critical part of the app vision is a killer front-end UI that is not only easy to use and productive, but fun and addictive – Web 2.0 concepts, rich interactivity, and browser-based and native mobile device front-ends (iPad, Android, etc.)
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer to be a founding member of our product team and own our UX/UI design efforts across platforms (web, mobile, iPhone/iPad, etc.). In addition to hands-on design and prototyping, you will build our user-centric design approach, define best practices in all UX disciplines, and grow a team. This is a great opportunity to work with a close-knit, talented team to build a great product and organization from the ground up. This opportunity will be located in a BART accessible location in Pleasanton or San Francisco.
- Design the user experience, including the overall information architecture, detailed interaction design, and visual design
- Perform rapid prototyping with static wireframes, lo-fi prototypes, and hi-fi interactive prototypes of the user experience as part of a user centered design process
- Evaluate usability via regular user feedback as part of your design process
- Develop our UX approach and lead the development of user-centered design methodologies within an agile development organization
- 4+ years of experience as an Interaction Designer or UX lead
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with complex applications
- Amazing design and aesthetic sense
- Knowledge of visual design best practices
- Ability to play around comfortably with Photoshop, Fireworks, etc.
- Basic understanding of technologies that influence UI design including AJAX, PHP, Java servlets, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Experience working in a fast-moving startup environment with a team of developers
- Experience developing on iPhone/iPad SDKs is a plus
- Ability to take constructive feedback on your work. No divas!
Veeva Systems is the leader in SaaS-based CRM solutions for the global life sciences industry. Veeva has dozens of customers ranging from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies with thousands of users to emerging biotechs commercializing their first products. Veeva customers achieve the fastest time to value through the deployment of fully functional CRM applications that are flexible, simple to deploy, inexpensive to operate, and provide a superior user experience.