SugarSync is seeking an experienced Product Designer who has a passion for creating simple, delightful customer experiences across Desktop, Mobile and Web applications. You will help to define the customer experience of the SugarSync product that is dramatically improving the way people manage their digital lives. Reporting to the VP of Product Management, you'll join a talented team obsessed with delivering the best possible User Experience. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the UX design for SugarSync's products (Desktop, Mobile and Web)
- Drive, evangelize and deliver the UX vision for new features and future products
- Participate in the entire design and development process; your involvement is needed at every stage
- Drive exploration of design ideas, create UX flows, build wireframes, develop prototypes and write specs for developers
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team to optimize for customer needs and business outcomes. Articulate and defend best-in-class design principles while actively soliciting and incorporating feedback from others
- Lead customer and usability research efforts and incorporate findings into product designs
- Obsess over details and polish the product until it is pixel-perfect
- 3+ years as a UI, UX and/or Interaction Designer
- 3+ years experience bringing products to market with demonstrable success as measured by product metrics
- Proven track record delivering desktop client and mobile applications that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
- Knowledge and experience using user-centered design principles and methods – ideation & brainstorming, storytelling, prototyping, concept visualization, problem-framing
- Ability to distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions working through complexities and constraints
- Adept and comfortable with any part of the design process including research, writing, UX design, visual design and prototyping
- Experience working with product development teams preferably in an Agile environment. Ability to effectively communicate complex flows and interactions through functional specifications and prototypes
- Self-motivated worker with entrepreneurial passion and ability to multi-task effectively
- Flexible and adaptive in order to succeed in an environment where market assumptions and competitors are constantly changing
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, resourceful, quick intellect, natural curiosity
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating & communicating and presenting ideas
Resumes must be submitted with a portfolio of your work that showcases your talent, creativity and impact. Resumes and link to online portfolio can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelors Degree in HCI, Design or related field, or equivalent experience (Masters Preferred)
SugarSync, Inc., based in San Mateo CA, combines all the excitement and perks of a start-up company with the infrastructure and management of a well-established firm. The team is exceptional: well grounded, focused and determined to offer the best product in this “hot” technological space. SugarSync is a place to work with and learn about real sync technology and to make a meaningful and influential contribution.
The SugarSync product is a reflection of the people developing and implementing it: direct, easy to access and exceptional. With a simple download on your computers and mobile devices, you have all the cloud has to offer with additional features and customer support. Our product is considered to be a market innovator and is poised for incredible growth, having been described as “The Next Killer App” by the Enderle Group, as “the best solution I have tested for replicating and synchronizing your files across multiple computers” by Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal and as “One of the simplest file-syncing services we’ve seen” by Jill Duffy of PCMag.com.