Join a newly formed “visiontyping” team where you will envision how the eBay user experience should evolve based on opportunities we have in the eCommerce space and customer pain points. You will partner closely with front-end UI engineers to prototype your vision and bring it to life and take advantage of technology trends. Building support among product leaders will be key—so experience working with execs at large companies is important.
* Sketches and visualizations of concepts you propose to advance discussions and guide team toward building a prototype.
* High-fidelity mockups w/behaviors for new user interfaces and interactions on the site. The UI Engineer you partner with will use these to build a prototype.
* Lo-fidelity prototypes illustrating interaction patterns .
* Presenting prototypes (you jointly build with a UI engineer) to execs within eBay.
* Clear verbal communicator with the ability to effectively present your work to both design and non-design audiences (e.g. business, technology teams).
* Proficient at solving business problems by facilitating a user-centric design process.
* Adept at using Adobe Fireworks/Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Flash/Flex CS4
* Sketching and visual thinking skills a big plus.
* Strong portfolio featuring design samples (preferably consumer web)
* 10 Years experience as an interaction designer, ui designer, or related role.
* BS/BA in Design, HCI, Cog Science or related field. Masters preferred.