Principal User Researcher - Oracle Marketing Cloud
About Oracle Marketing Cloud
As the leader in modern marketing, the Oracle Marketing Cloud enables innovative marketing automation solutions to help modern marketers target the right buyers, easily execute campaigns across different channels like Email, text messaging and social media to help convert leads to sales and deliver the highest return on your marketing investment.
Check out more about our products at https://www.oracle.com/marketingcloud/products.html
Oracle Marketing Cloud is looking for an experienced user researcher capable of blending different methodologies and types of data to uncover deep insights and create comprehensive user journeys. We want researchers who are captivating story tellers, who can inspire design, product, and development teams to not only understand users, but to empathize with them. We want researchers who can strategize with these teams to bring vision to reality.
- Drive insights to inform the definition and development of products across the platform.
- Work cross functionally with teams to shape and execute research plans based on business needs and growth initiatives.
- Develop and use research models and insights to drive superior decision making.
- Interpret research results, derive implications, perform market analysis and gather strategic intelligence to provide proactive insight regarding the market, trends and our customer needs, and pain points.
- Expertly select and deploy appropriate research methodologies (from generative to evaluative).
- Direct priorities and approaches for research projects to ensure the most effective and efficient use of resources.
- Manage research vendors’ relationship and drive execution of research initiatives.
- Champion research and user-centered design across the organization.
- Help develop new and grow existing customer communities.
- Master’s degree or PhD in psychology, human factors, HCI or an equivalent field.
- 10+ years of industry experience as a hands-on researcher, working across multiple platforms, including mobile and enterprise systems.
- Expertise in a broad range of methodologies including: ethnographic research, site visits, interviews, surveys, diary studies, usability testing, lean experimentation, etc.
- Experience building user and customer communities.
- Superior creativity and passion for what you do.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to complete complex projects in a timely manner.
- Strong leadership qualities that enable you to lead cross-functional teams and third party partners when needed.
- Able to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information in a manner that engages other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Stats knowledge and expertise with statistical tools a plus.