At Gem, we help companies build relationships with talent — a bit like Salesforce for recruiting. Gone are the days when recruiting teams relied on inbound applications. The best companies are proactively engaging with the best people months or even years before they’re ready to interview. Gem powers this new wave of recruiting by enabling recruiters and hiring managers to collaborate on candidates, keep in touch, and never reach out to the same person twice. Gem also enables companies, for the first time, to hold their recruiting team accountable to diversity goals.
As a product designer at Gem, you will create innovative and beautiful experiences that our customers love and use for hours a day at work. You’re passionate about creating intuitive and easy to use products, talking directly with customers to inform decisions, and taking complex systems and simplifying their interfaces. In this role, you will have a significant impact on the future of the Gem product, how all of our customers interact with us, and how every company in the world adopts our product to manage their recruiting efforts.
Since 2017, Gem has grown to over 40 people, with an unusually strong team with experience building products at Facebook, Dropbox, Uber, Amazon, and Google. Recruiters and hiring managers at 200 companies — including Pinterest, Dropbox, Slack, Lyft, Snap, Twilio, Brex, Robinhood, One Medical, and Bridgewater — love Gem and use it 5+ hours a day, every day. If you’ve ever received recruiting email from any of those companies, there’s a good chance it was sent and tracked through our platform.
- Lead the end-to-end design process of major features for the Gem product
- Define or contribute to the strategy of your product area
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team, product team, and customers, proposing a v0 quickly, seeking feedback, and iterating quickly
- Own design across the entire company: proactively identify the highest-impact areas for design prioritization, and hire + partner with external contractors as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant design experience at a product and design driven company
- Experience designing and shipping products, ideally in the B2B/SaaS space.
- A portfolio of previous product design work
- Ability to iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Figma, Sketch, and others
- Ability to operate within a pre-existing design system, contributing as needed
Nice to have
- Strong eye for visual design, including operating in a company without a pre-existing design system
- Experience with, and willingness to code
- Experience designing at a startup
Please feel free to reach me at email@example.com if interested in this role or if you have any questions.