Passionate about designing compelling experiences for the mobile lifestyle? Want to work for top-tier clients in a fun, small agency in the heart of downtown San Francisco?
Punchcut is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to join the Interaction Design team on a full-time basis. You should have a strong understanding of the user-centered design process and be comfortable working independently as well as alongside other designers. You have at least 5 years of relevant design experience, including design for mobile or other devices, and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative agency environment.
Punchcut is a user interface design and development agency that specializes in designing mobile user experiences. With an understanding of the new contexts of mobile life, we design and develop next generation user interfaces.
For us, mobile isn’t about devices, it is about a lifestyle of mobility. We design for it and we live it ourselves. The mobile industry is at an inflection point and there are new experiences and opportunities to sculpt. We’re helping our clients transform; not because mobility is coming, but because it’s here.
We hire smart, energetic people who care about design, and value a good work-life balance. Because of our size and focus everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company; one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.
Come help us define the future of mobile user interaction and consumer experiences.
- Elicit and analyze business requirements through interviews and workshops
- Perform primary and secondary user research
- Develop user interface strategy and vision
- Develop conceptual UI models
- Develop personas, scenarios and storyboards
- Define user task and interaction flows
- Create screen-level interaction designs
- Write user interface specifications that capture proposed designs in detail
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed solutions
- 5 years designing effective interfaces, including extensive experience with mobile applications
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience performing a variety of forms of user research (contextual inquiry, focus groups, usability testing, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
- Ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to other members of the design, development and client teams
- Working experience creating user interface specifications with appropriate design tools including Visio, OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a couple of small-to-mid sized projects in parallel
- Focused attention to detail
- Sense of humor and positive, flexible attitude
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
How to apply
Interested? Please send your resume, cover letter with a portfolio web site to us. Candidates are strongly encouraged to share an online portfolio for best consideration.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. Only candidates with proper permits to work in the United States can be considered. Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are nothing without great people and we make sure to take care of them. In addition to a competitive benefits package we encourage you to ask us what “Life Friendly Friday” is or inquire about our mobile device allotment.