Company Name Confidential
Company URL Confidential
Job Location San Mateo, CA
Job Title Senior User Experience Designer
Job Duration Contract – 6 months initial with possible extensions
Job Description See Below
Job Qualifications See Below
Contact Information Pietro Obert
All Star Consulting
Looking for a User Experience/Interaction Designer to work as lead visual designer on projects and collaborates with the UX Design Manager and UX Designers to implement the visual design of corporate web sites. Projects will include website projects for the Company’s US and International websites.
The successful candidates will design intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions that support customer needs and business goals. You will be tasked with the following:
Design Lead Responsibilities:
- Fulfill design lead requirements by identifying business objectives relating to design, designing website page templates and elements of the design style guide.
- Conceptualize Flash banners, billboards, and components.
- Apply understanding of user experience and information architecture to complex website and web application projects.
- Design web pages, banner ads, HTML emails, and promotional banners with primary focus on website redesign and web application projects.
- Produce Design comps to facilitate the requirement gathering process.
- Storyboard and/or prototype Flash banners, billboards, and components.
- Creating user flows, wireframes, user specifications and site maps.
- Communicate user experience design and usability concepts to interdisciplinary groups.
- Collaborate with product management to translate business requirements into elegant easy to use interfaces.
- Facilitate requirements gathering processes and support business teams in review and iteration of requirements.
- Map project requirements into clear process flows with the ability to propose new innovative solutions.
- Conduct competitive analysis and secondary research on project-related topics to better understand customer needs.
- Use site metrics tools, survey data, and usability studies to inform interface decisions.
- Work collaboratively with other user experience designers to solve design issues.
- Work closely with development and business analysts to ensure technical feasibility.
- Provide usability guidance and support during development process.
- 3-6 years of consumer-facing website user experience design.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Graphic Arts, Visual Communications, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science or related field preferred.
- Solid understanding of the user centered design process. Hands-on experience with creating process flows, schematics, and site maps.
- Expert knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with the limits and constraints of design for the Web and across different browsers
- Requires advanced competency in use of Adobe Suite products, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
- Demonstrable experience in developing Rich Internet Applications (RIA) using Flex a plus.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, facilitation, and negotiations skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of Web technologies and the Web development process
- Experience with usability testing is a plus.
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating your best work.
Understanding of financial services/mutual funds industry (desirable).