As a world leader in 2D and 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk delivers the broadest product portfolio, helping over 10 million users, including every member of the Fortune 100, to continually innovate through the digital design, visualization, and simulation of real-world project performance. From architecture, manufacturing, transportation, and utilities to telecommunications, video games, television, and film, Autodesk customers are leading the 2D and 3D design world by improving their design processes through increased efficiency and productivity.
In fact, the last 15 Academy Award® winners for Best Visual Effects used Autodesk® software. By enhancing collaboration and communication and digitally improving the real-world performance of projects before they are built, Autodesk customers are solving their business challenges, avoiding costly rework, accelerating project cycles and time to market, and ultimately gaining competitive advantage.
Title: Senior User Experience Manager - Community, Suites & Web Services #1000000039
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Suites & Web Services organization drives the modernization of Autodesk's user interfaces through strategic projects that cross the entire product portfolio. The community UX team is focused on web-based applications and services that will shape the future of our portfolio. As the User Experience Manager for community, you will lead a talented San Francisco-based team of interaction and visual designers, prototypers and user researchers in defining how Autodesk customers use, learn and contribute functionality to the next-generation of Autodesk products.
You must have a proven track record managing multi-disciplinary design teams through an iterative design process. You must tenaciously consolidate input from multiple cross-divisional stakeholders including product management, user researcher, engineering, IT, executive management and customers. You must be able to inspire and lead the organization in delivering these new user experiences. This position reports to the Sr. Director of User Experience.
· Motivate and lead interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers and prototypers. Balance workload across multiple time zones to guarantee design quality in every deliverable.
· Partner with key stakeholders to identify, document, and evangelize a roadmap of the customer experience for community-based features and services, including learning, training and support.
· Balance organizational demands, timelines and internal milestones to determine the most appropriate methodology for design; storyboards, interaction patterns, prototypes, and other iterative artifacts.
· Provide leadership in methodology and deliverables for iterative, user-centered design processes.
· Maintain familiarity with our products to ensure compatibility with features shared across our portfolio.
· Assist in creation and maintenance of interaction and visual standards for web-based and in-product UI.
· Contribute to the maturity of the discipline of product design at Autodesk. This includes contributing to projects, creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied company-wide.
· 8-10 years of professional design management experience with multi-disciplinary design teams.
· Portfolio demonstrating superior design skills, achieved through a user-centered design process.
· Exceptional organizational and communications skills: written, verbal and visual.
· Experience with social media, community and web services or applications.
· Expertise in modern software development processes and concepts as they relate to user experience.
· Previous experience designing for complex creative, 3D, and/or engineering analysis applications.
· Knowledge in Software-as-a-Service (SAAS), Cloud Computing and Social Networking.
· Strong skills in problem definition and user-needs analysis, including the ability to focus on the "right" problems to solve in order to advance of strategic goals.
· Expertise in user research including persona creation, heuristic evaluation, and site visits including ethnographic observation. A solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
· Ability to solve complex problems and drive projects from concept through implementation.
· Interact with and influence others effectively via teamwork and diplomacy.
· Results-oriented management style with a mature-directedness in line with Autodesk's core values.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage several large projects simultaneously.
· Excellent working knowledge of design software; Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, etc.
· MS/MFA or advanced degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, or Art.
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six-week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, ongoing employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please submit your resume online at http://www.autodesk.com/careers - Job Req #1000000039. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.