Carrot Sense is hiring a Senior UX Designer to help imagine and create a revolutionary set of tools and services designed to help people quit smoking. As a pioneer in consumer digital health and wearables technology, Design is a critical part of our company’s vision and ultimate success.
Joining at this formative stage, you’ll have the unique opportunity to imagine, drive, and help bring to market a broad range of projects and deliverables across multiple mobile and Web applications for a variety of audiences including consumers, behavioral coaches, content creators, and more.
Our audience is comprised of people seeking to make substantial changes in their habits and life. As such, this opportunity will challenge you to think deeply about their needs, mindset, and motivations in order to imagine original solutions that are clear, concise, empathetic, supportive, and non-judgemental. In this journey, you will be called on to collaborate with a diverse set of professionals including hardware and software engineers, product managers, researchers, clinicians, coaches, content creators, executives and of course, end users.
What you will be doing:
● Create and collaboratively develop the product vision for a variety of complex and abstract problems, collaborating with our entire design, product management, engineering, and executive teams to arrive at the best solutions
● Partner closely with engineers to ensure the level of accurate and efficient implementation expected of world-class consumer products.
● Work with clinicians, researchers, and end users to fully understand the problem space, design parameters, and user needs.
● Deliver a variety of design artifacts across a range of fidelity and interactivity.
● Help to shape and craft the design culture for an early stage startup by influencing hiring, evolving our processes, and establishing visual and interactive standards.
What you should have:
● Significant experience (5+ years) working on high-quality interactive products and experiences across a range of platform including desktop web, iOS, and Android
● Bachelors or equivalent work experience in (UX/Visual Design, HCI, Industrial Design or similar degrees preferred)
● A strong portfolio demonstrating both your taste and creativity as it relates to information architecture, interaction design, feature design, typography, layout, and idea generation
● Demonstrated experience for rough prototyping of interactions, usability and flow
● Proficient with design research
● Strong ability to translate user needs into design features
● Comfort and enthusiasm for collaborating with teammates who possess a broad range of skill sets, professional experiences, and cultural backgrounds
● Relevant or direct experience working with industry-standard tools illustration and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Pixate, Photoshop, and others
● Experience creating wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups and the ability to provide visual assistance
● Amazing written and verbal communication skills
● A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets things done quickly at a high quality
● Pixel perfect attention to detail
● A passion for life-long learning coupled with a personal drive to be involved in an endeavor singularly focused on improving the health and daily lives of millions of people from all walks of life
What we can offer:
● At Carrot Sense, we'll take care of you. In addition to competitive salaries, challenging work assignments, and developmental opportunities, we offer medical, dental and vision insurance, stock options, and generous PTO.
● Office location featuring Bay Trails access to the waterway, walking path, full service gym with pool, world class cafe on-site, Caltrain shuttle and close proximity to 101.
● We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Hope all is well! I just wanted to shoot you a quick email regarding the open UX Design role over at Carrot Sense. Just a little background about me, I actually work on a team that specializes in placing UI/UX & Visual Designers on a contract and perm basis just here in SF, and I’m currently representing a pool of candidates who could be great for the open position!
One candidate that comes to mind is Will, who is a Senior Product Designer who really excels on the Visual side of things. He’s most recently coming out of the Labs division of Home Depot where he led the design of their Native iOS and Android consumer instore application and increased their conversion by 20%. Before that he worked as an experience design consultant working on various projects with a variety of high profile clients such as Samsung and Plantronics.
I’d love to hop on a call with you later today or tomorrow to find out some more details about your open position (i.e. %UX vs. %Visual, how this person would fit on the team, seniority, salary, etc.,.) so that I can make sure I’m introducing the right types of candidates. As I mentioned, ALL I do is place UI/UX & Visual Designers with companies in the area, so I will surely have some valuable knowledge in the market and a wide variety of candidates that I can introduce to help you fill the role with the best possible candidate. Please let me know when you can hop on a quick call, and I’ll make myself available!
Cheers and looking forward to hearing back!
Sam Cash | Technical Recruiter
Voice: (415) 982-0500
Mobile: (415) 308-3030
LinkedIn: Sam Cash