We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
The Product Design team is looking for a passionate, hardworking, and collaborative Product Design User Researcher for our Santa Clara, California office. This role will support multiple products at Citrix. You will have the opportunity to influence the design and direction of the products to meet customers’ needs.
- Requires a minimum 8+ years of prior applied user research or relevant industry experience in product design with a strong foundation in HCI methodologies and research skills but is willing to learn and work to grow into a well-rounded UX researcher.
- Minimum of Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field such as Human Computer Interaction (HCI). A Master’s degree is highly preferred. Other research degrees such as Psychology and Anthropology will only be considered if you have applied or relevant industry experience as a user researcher.
- Has solid portfolio or samples showcasing work, ideally ranging from exploratory research, conceptual development, to usability studies which demonstrate
- Willing to travel to conferences or customer sites to conduct research.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in user-centered design research methodologies and practices
- Contributes to team processes, and provides research for business and IT teams for web or mobile applications across multiple platforms, for mid- to large-scale scope projects.
- Recommends appropriate quantitative or qualitative tool/approach to gather necessary insights from clients or prospects.
- Recruits, designs, and conducts user research delivering quality reports out actionable recommendations.
- Advocates for users and the role of design and product development process Incorporate and share new techniques based on industry trends.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed and lead evaluative studies with little to no supervision to build a deeper understanding of users; and uses this to inform the team. Has an analytical mind and be able to process data
- Shares user-centered design research approaches both internally and externally for the organization and is recognized as a thought-leadership in the space.
- Shows a passion for understanding Citrix products, domains, and users, and works hard to understand their core needs.
- Proactively collaborates within the product design team and with cross-functional teams.
- Regularly offers research guidance, coaching, mentorship and training to other employees.
- Plays an active role throughout the product life-cycle with Product Design, Product Management, Engineering and other teams to define problems, hypothesis spaces. Validates various hypothesis and benchmarks designs and review builds by weighing feedback and impact throughout product experience.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to be meticulous, resourceful, creative, collaborative, and empathetic by attacking projects with positive attitude and know when to reach out for help from your team.
- Explains rationale for research methodology, and presents research plans in a clear, confident, and logical manner demonstrating how the project may relate to business goals, product offerings, and industry best practices.
- Proactively provides solutions with strategic intention
- Understands business goals, strategy, and product offerings and anticipates issues and communicate them as they arise.
- Offers solutions that consider business goals and the impact across all products.
To be considered for this position, you must submit ALL of these three requirements:
- Cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position
- Samples of work demonstrating experience and/or education that directly relates to the position
Additional information to include: