We are looking for someone special to join our UX/UI Group - someone who is capable of designing superior UX solutions, and making a case for their ideas both internally and to clients. We are a tight-knit agile design group working within a global mobile engineering company for Tier 1 clients on mobile platforms that go far beyond phones and tablets. Character is as important as experience, so please drop me a line if you're interested!
Symphony Teleca is seeking a Sr. User Experience Designer to work on Connected Mobile Devices. This person will have extensive mobile platform experience working with multiple OS's, devices and industries. The position is located in the Symphony Teleca Design Headquarters located in Mountain View, CA. Reporting to the Director of User Experience, you will be personally responsible for creating highly usable and intuitive interfaces and engaging mobile experiences.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging and brand-consistent mobile experiences across iOS, Win7/8 and Android for phones, tablets, automotive and medical devices.
- Deliver platform-specific wireframes, flow maps and design functional specifications for development.
- Work in tandem with UI designers and software engineers in an agile environment.
- Assess product, user research and design requirements.
- Communicate concepts through sketches, diagrams, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Communicate and "sell" your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, partners, etc.
- Provide thought design leadership to the company and work with engineering to push the boundaries of what’s possible on emerging technologies.
- Present and defend designs at key milestones.
- Work with cross-functional, globally located teams to manage and deliver designs on time, as well as champion the best possible user experience for our customers.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door attitude and a sense of humor a must.
- Ability to intelligently present and positively critique design concepts during team reviews and stakeholder meetings.
- Online portfolio with multiple examples of design for iOS and Android platforms required.
- 3-5 years of experience defining information architecture, visual design and/or interaction design for mobile applications.
- Knowledge and experience of major mobile OS platforms UX Guidelines for iOS, Android, and Win 7 / Windows 8 Mobile.
- Experience with Native app design as well as hybrid HTML5 applications.
- Experience managing UX design within a software development process, including working directly with development teams, product managers and stakeholders.
- Experience in major aspects of product definition, i.e. developing user profiles, use scenarios, task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and information architecture.
- A passion for the user experience, an obsessive attention to detail, and a proven ability to communicate and collaborate with others.
- Familiarity with UX trends, best practices and design standards for mobile platforms in the automotive, medical and smart home domains.
- An effective worker inside a team who can prioritize UI issues and review the results of user research.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to be comfortable and successful working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working in an agile development methodology
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Must be a solid team player with good writing, presentation and time management skills
Co-creating Innovative Experiences for the Connected World. Symphony Teleca Corporation is the world’s first services company dedicated exclusively to helping clients create innovative product and service experiences to capitalize on the global convergence of software, the cloud and connected devices. The company delivers innovative products, combined with contemporary product development, systems integration, analytics and managed services to hundreds of organizations around the world. Symphony Teleca’s 6,100 employees support customers from 35 offices globally, including delivery centers in China, Europe, India, South America and the U.S. For more information visit, www.symphonyteleca.com. Follow us on Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.