|You’re a well-rounded developer who writes impeccably clean, well-commented code and has a not-so-secret knack for user experience design. We’re a rapidly growing, stunningly successful company with a startup-style culture open to innovation, collaboration, and fun, and we’re looking to hire a Junior UI Developer and Designer. Match made in heaven? We think so.
Come join us here at ModCloth and wow us with your ability to translate "tech talk" into the practical aspects of graphic and user experience design. Working with our fantastic team, you’ll be the hero/heroine of our creative marketing campaigns, taking care of the related development work and providing a sprinkling of UX goodness on the side. This is your chance to have a hand in shaking up the world of social commerce (that’s what we’re out to do), so don’t miss out!
- Work hand-in-hand with the Graphic Design, User Experience Design, and Technology Teams to create efficient solutions for front-end feature requests
- Build lightweight interactive components, including stylebooks, slideshows, and product scrollers
- Design and document new pages, features, and interactive experiences using wireframes, site architectures, and workflows
- Use those smarts to assess the technical feasibility of proposed designs and estimate the time needed for their development
- Carefully construct email templates and other reusable templates
- Be the #1 supporter of cross-browser compatibility, testing work against multiple browsers to ensure designs are pixel-perfect
- Collaborate closely with fellow UI Developers, User Experience Designers, and Graphic Designers to iterate and refine your design and development
- 1+ year of professional experience designing and developing websites and user interfaces
- Coursework or 1 year of professional experience in the core principles and practices of user experience design
- Impressive understanding of semantic markup, organic SEO, and accessibility best practices
- Knows the lowdown on common user interface design patterns and usability heuristics
- No stranger to handling cross-browser compatibility and coding for Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and IE9+
- Einstein of the Adobe Creative Suite and able to turn a PSD file into a coded layout
- Gift for designing interactions and interfaces that are usable, intuitive, and discoverable
- Has wireframing down to a fine art; talent for communicating interfaces and interactions visually
- Welcoming of design critique; always striving for the right solution and not the “favorite” solution
- Knocks it out of the park when it comes to working both as a team and independently
- Mastery of time management and a diehard dedication to deadlines
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in fast-paced, start-up environments and cultures
- First-rate analytics and problem-solving skills
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of the “how” and “why” of responsive design, and knowledge of frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap and Foundation
- Savvy with CSS frameworks (SASS, Compass) and HTML5
- Knowledge of AJAX and the JSON model
- Familiarity with at least one server-side programming language
- Been there, done that, and excited to do more in re rapid prototyping tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, etc.
The Benefits You’ll Get:
As part of the ModCloth family, you’ll be entitled to a great list of benefits including (but not limited to!) medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, emergency travel assistance, flex time, and continuing education stipends. Oh, and let’s not forget the snack wall and the staggering employee discount!
Ten bucks says you already know everything about ModCloth, but in case you don’t, here’s some info! Let’s start with the obvious: we’re an online fashion and decor boutique that focuses on new and true vintage items and limited-run indie designs. If you do a little research, you’ll discover we’re social media mavens, trailblazing on our blog and every platform out there. Really do your homework, and you’ll find out we’re on a mission to democratize the world of fashion through innovative programs like Be the Buyer and Make the Cut. But what you likely won’t see from the outside is how great it is to work here. We maintain a fun-loving and focused work environment full of creative, kind, and collaborative individuals who delight in everything from our weekly mini staff photo shoots and monthly potluck lunches, to the changes we’re making in the social commerce domain and the future we’re filling with success!
Itching for more info about life at ModCloth? Then, take a look-see at our ModCloth Careers Twitter (http://bit.ly/dNSfyh) and Facebook (http://on.fb.me/eImYYU) pages!
Think you’re the guy/gal for the job? Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter telling us why you can’t wait to join our team! Links to your work and/or a portfolio are encouraged.
Click to apply: