User Experience Intern - Software and Services Research - 2012 Fall Internship Program - ESV-00063561
Ericsson is the world's leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is the leader in 2G, 3G and 4G mobile technologies, and provides support for networks with over 2 billion subscribers and has the leading position in managed services. The company's portfolio comprises mobile and fixed network infrastructure, telecom services, software, broadband and multimedia solutions for operators, enterprises and the media industry.
Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the "prime driver in an all-communicating world" through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions. Working in 180 countries, more than 90,000 employees generated revenue of SEK 203.3 billion (USD 28.2 billion) in 2010. Founded in 1876 with the headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ New York
INTERN PROJECT OVERVIEW
Ericsson is looking for a user experience intern to join our Software and Services Research Team in San Jose where we are creating disruptive innovations that delivers values to societies. This internship would be focused upon deriving interaction model for Megacity residents and demonstrating it by applying it to a use case in health, energy, and public safety.
· Study existing literature and applications to identify interaction challenges
· Conduct a contextual inquiry to derive and evaluate applicability of various interaction models for catering to megacity dwellers living in an all connected environment
· Refine an appropriate use case (preferably in health, energy and public safety domain)
· Design, test, and implement a sample application that reflects findings from contextual inquiry
· Research gamification models to find out incentives for using the system and demonstrate use of concepts within the same application
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE (INCLUDING EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS)
· Experience in applying user experience research methods for contextual inquiry and facilitating usability tests
· Experience in designing for mobile operating systems
· Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Fireworks and equivalent software for designing wireframes and hi-fidelity mockups
· Experience in applying gamification concepts in earlier projects is a plus
· Currently enrolled in school and pursuing MS or PhD in Interaction Design, Human Factors/Engineering, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field
INTERN PROGRAM QUALIFICATIONS
· Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university in a minimum of 3 units working towards a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD.
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary LocationUS-CA-San Jose