Cooper U is offering a 15% discount for all IxDA members when you register for our UX Boot Camp at the end of this month. We are looking forward to bringing our Boot Camp back to the west coast from 7/30 to 8/2. Class size is limited.
To sign up, email Michael@cooper.com with the following code: IxDAMemberUXB.
Here are the details:
Guided by industry experts, students will learn Cooper's goal-directed design process while working on a real-world product for a nonprofit partner. The class is built around hands-on activities, conducted in pairs and small teams. Participants will learn to:
• Set the stage for effective collaboration
• Define product and service ecosystems
• Conduct design research using both lightweight and in-depth techniques
• Synthesize research data into actionable next steps
• Model personas and build empathy for their current situation
• Storyboard future concepts
• Design a seamless framework for a multi-platform experience (web and mobile)
• Learn how to go beyond features and design for engagement
• Facilitate effective design reviews
• Present like it's theater; choreograph a presentation experience
Along the way, participants will also learn critical leadership, communication and collaboration skills. At the end of this course, you'll have new tools in your design toolkit, and a well-articulated design concept for a real product that you can add to your portfolio.
Our next Boot Camp will be held in San Francisco, CA from July 30 to August 2, and participants will learn the goal-directed design process by creating Web and mobile concepts for Women's Earth Alliance (WEA). Our previous UX Boot Camp in Columbus, Ohio was a huge success and now we’re bringing it San Francisco. To get a glimpse of what that UX Boot Camp was like, check out thefinal concepts pitched by the teams, this post by a participant, or these photos of the magic in action.
Register for UX Boot Camp San Francisco