We are in need of multiple UX Designers to join our ever-growing company. At MINDBODY, we call ourselves team members because we are committed to supporting one another as we promote our mission: To leverage technology to improve the health and wellness of the world. We work together to maintain a fun and positive atmosphere because we believe MINDBODY’s long-term success depends on the wellness of each team member.
This UX Designer role is intimately involved in the product development cycle, from brainstorming new features, to mocking up ideas, to tweaking pixels right before a release. He or she will be expected to utilize a full range of product, visual and interaction design skills to keep our software on the cutting edge of the industry.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Product Owners, Designers, UX Researchers, and Content Strategists to deliver products with an excellent user experience.
- Create flows and experiences that are elegant, simple, and intuitive.
- Advocate and promote modern UX and design standards (may include preparing occasional education sessions for the Dev. team on relevant UX & design topics).
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to understand.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of hands-on UX design experience.
- A strategic perspective about product development; an understanding of not just how a product should look, but what and why we should build in the first place.
- Experience on teams that have created new products as well as improved existing ones (and a track record for making measurable improvements).
- Substantial experience developing consumer and/or commercial web application interfaces and mobile experiences (native apps, responsive web designs, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the best practices and tools used in user-centered interaction design.
- An intuition for what makes a good user-experience.
- Experience creating a variety of UX documents (personas, wireframes, story-mapping, etc.) and an understanding of when/if they should be used.
- A collaborative spirit and a desire to work as a team player on a close-knit team.
- A great online portfolio with more than just visuals. It should showcase your thought process and your ability to take projects from conception to completion along with measurable results.
- Experience usability testing your ideas (preferred, not required).
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge (preferred, not required).
- Experience within an Agile (Scrum) development team (preferred, not required)
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time and read a computer monitor.
- Able to read and comprehend reason and analyze.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in San Luis Obispo. An on-site interview is required. Interview and relocation assistance is negotiable.
Apply here: http://www.mindbodyonline.com/company/careers