The Visual Web Designer holds a key position in designing and maintaining the Academy’s online education website (online.academyart.edu). This position requires ongoing production of interfaces, graphics and other assets. This position works closely with our web development team in managing marketing assets for our online education program. This position performs a variety of projects for multiple departments with tight deadlines.
- Perform a key role in the expansion and maintenance of the Academy’s online education program.
- Responsible for creating online special events, graphics, and animations.
- Timely revisions to the Academy online learning website, while maintaining and enhancing functionality
- Ability to design, maintain and improve standards
- Provide support in evaluating, testing and implementing new features, services and technologies
- Problem solve, collaborate and communicate in a team environment
- CSS – expert level
- HTML – expert level
- Web standards
- Cross platform – Windows, Mac OS
- Fluent in industry tools – Fireworks, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- HTML 5
- Design and development for iOS
- Adobe CQ5/Day CMS
- Adobe Connect Server
- Must be able to manage time and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to prioritize and communicate those priorities to other departments
- Must have strong attention to detail, highly organized, self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must show strong time/project management skills
- Works under general supervision but must work well autonomously. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
The Academy of Art University offers employees' health insurance, 401K Plan, paid vacation and holidays, and a commuter program. We also offer a unique opportunity to take an undergraduate art course free of tuition each semester.
This is a full-time position as part of a design/development team in San Francisco. This position would start ASAP if you are the right person.
Please send your resume, portfolio, and why you think you are right for this position to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com