SUMMER WORKSHOP TEACHERS
Share your Knowledge and your Passion with our Bay Area Youth by Volunteering as a Workshop Teacher this Summer!
- Teach a 3 hour workshop to expose as many students about a certain discipline or technique
- Must be able to commit to 1 to 2 workshops in SF or East Bay
- Classes may be taught at community centers, universities, or local organizations in the community
SUMMER WORKSHOPS timeline
May 7 - Preparation Begins (lesson Plan, meetings, etc)
Jul 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Aug 6 - Workshop dates
OUTREACH COMMITTEE MEMBER
The Outreach Committee members will be responsible for working together to bring about awareness and keep the community engaged with IP classes and activities. Some of the tasks the Outreach members will be responsible for are:
- Develop at least 1 solid contact for each of the following: SF/Eastbay middle schools, YMCAs, Beacon Centers, Community Centers, PTA's, Parent Relations
- Work with school districts to be able to distribute IP in flyers at schools
- Find out when all open houses, PTA meetings, and any other opportunities to reach parents
- Build team of people that call and visit. Create and distribute flyers where appropriate.
- Create script for committees members visiting schools
- Develop outreach plan for the year 2011
IP holds an annual fundraising event and end of session reception twice a year. You can participate just as an event volunteer or as a committee member.
- Coordinate with Fundraising committee regarding effective ways to raise more funds during events
- evening or weekend availability (approx. 4hrs, 2x a year)