Relevant Experience and Skill
• Strong working knowledge of user-centered design methodologies
• Participated in and moderated interviews for user research and
• Experienced in creating and applying personas, scenarios, storyboards, application maps, wireframes, comps and specification documents
• Understand real-world compromises between desired features and implementation time
• Managed all aspects of printed materials from ideation to production including conceptualization, design, design management, collaborations, vendor selection, quotes, budgets, quality assurance, distribution, reprints and press checks
• Designed in and for multiple mediums including vinyl, metal, fabric, high-density foam, packaging, wood, plastics and an assortment of corporate give-a ways such as pens, shirts, glasses, leather folders, disposable cameras, stickers, bottle openers, etc.
• Collaborated in multi-seasonal marketing campaigns
• Ambitious and driven to learn with a healthy sense of humility
• Experienced illustrator, potter, sculptor and painter
• Attentive and patient with details
Freelance Designer | Visual and Interaction Design
Design solutions for websites and web-based software.
November 2008 - Present
The Magellan Network | Online Services for Restaurants
Interaction Designer • Design web-based and desktop software that supports restaurants and their customers in accomplishing the tasks required to meet their higher goals.
September 2007 - October 2008, Durango Colorado
Contract Graphic Designer • Conceptualized, designed and managed the production of marketing collateral used in sales, customer support, billing and internal office data management.
June 2007 - September 2007, Durango Colorado
GeeGuides LLC | Interactive Art Education for Children
Graphic Designer/ Illustrator • Conceptualized, designed and managed the production of promotional materials for shows, magazines, direct mail campaigns, web, retail and institutional markets. Illustrated components for use in children’s games, web activities and printed promotional materials.
November 2006 - April 2007, Durango Colorado
Durango Mountain Resort | Ski Resort
Graphic Design Manager / Contract Designer • Managed the production of all sales and marketing materials from ideation to production. Managed relations with all internal departments and outside vendors. Consulted with the resort in the hiring and training of additional staff.
September 2005 - March 2007, Durango, Colorado
Graphic Design Manager • Managed, designed and produced all sales and marketing materials from concept to completion. Designed, produced and managed signage throughout the resort. Maintained positive relations with all internal and external vendors.
June 2002 - August 2003, Durango, Colorado
Graphic Design Assistant • Designed, produced and managed all signage throughout the resort. Assisted in the designing of promotional materials for events and shows. Maintained operational budget and organization of record filing.
September 2001 - May 2002, Durango, Colorado
Contract Graphic Designer • Provided illustrations for signage and sales and marketing materials.
April 2000 - August 2001, Durango, Colorado
Winthrop University | Student Housing
Graphic Designer • Designed forms, handbooks, instructional materials and advertisements for internal university use. Trained staff in the use of computers for designing of promotional materials for programs and events.
March 1995 - August 1996, Rock Hill, South Carolina